I sense quite a bit of internally directed impatience and judgement. So it is good to take stock.
Four years in Victoria, an incomplete list of firsts…
- Joined the board of an organization
- Donate(d) to multiple organizations
- Made presentations to the city council, school board, public meetings, met MPs, MLAs, councillors, mayors
- Facilitated public forums (not fora, which would make me an elitist)
- Joined a political party
- Went door to door for a political party
- Played music in a band for a paying audience
- Wrote music
- Sang in crowded street corners (with other people) busker style
- Grew veggies and greens
- Canned, made beer, made wine
- Became a property owner and joined the strata board!
- Lost my connection with the automobile. Driving, except for road trips, is now a necessary chore.
- Started busing to work.
- Got a new (lack of )hairstyle
- Garlic scapes (How did I miss out on garlic scapes for this long??)
- Expect to see Orca every time I get on a boat (I guess getting on a boat regularly is a first too).
- Expect to see snow-capped mountains at every turn while wearing a T-shirt and sandals in February
Being visible in public is relatively new to me, always good to remember my past when explaining my present reluctance.
This might be my first ever link less post.